- Drawing and design in Revit and AutoCAD
- Work under direction of Project Manager & Job Captain
- Produce accurate 2D drawings and 3D Models
- Take projects from conceptual stage and develop design all the way through to construction documents
- Assist in assembling and coordination of the document production (BIM, CAD, Spec, Schedules) from concept to construction documents; maintain client standards
- Responsible for understanding and implementing project-specific design & program standards
- Assist in collaboration and coordinating with project consultants
- Adhere to BIM Execution Plan and BIM project workflow criteria
- May take the lead on developing some specific BIM modeling content for project
- Assist in developing project specifications
- Print drawing sets and participate in drawings reviews of all disciplines
- Research products through contact with suppliers
- Review shop drawings
- Supervise and mentor junior level Revit/CAD technicians
- Assist Project Managers with contract admin (drawings, SI, PC, CO, Transmittals)
- Keep Job Captain/Project Managers up to date with progress of drawing & issues
- Document Standards – Assist in the development and maintenance office drawing standards for design.
- Document Control – Follow existing office standards.
- Supplier Contacts – Product research of new products, equipment & software.
- Special Projects – Participate in training / instruction and set up for new hires (production and administrative staff).
The BIM Technician reports to Principals, Project Manager, and Job Captain, and works with the production staff in coordination with the Project Management team. Performs required tasks as they relate to architectural design and production of construction documents in AutoCAD and Revit.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Absolutely MUST be proficient in AutoCAD and Revit.
- Proven ability to produce construction documents.
- Proficiency in architectural design and architectural detailing. Demonstrated ability to be part a drafting team as well as produce a portion of the documents.
- Knowledge of typical architect responsibilities (not to include sealing or stamping of drawings).
- Production knowledge and a sense of ownership and responsibility for all of the products that are produced by the department.
- Professional, ethical and committed to excellence in communications; ability to influence outcomes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Strong drive and high energy, action and results-oriented.
- Strong ability to resolve issues utilizing sound judgement and reasoning skills.
- Strong organizational skills, a self starter, able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines consistently.
- Ability to employ creative and innovative thought processes.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Literate in standard Windows programs.
Education & Experience
Minimum 5-8 years experience in Architectural/Pre-construction Services.